Melissa Duran, Orlando area makeup artist, says, "I chose the disco ball as my inspiration picture just to replicate the glittery diamond effect on my model. Nothing said [says] glamour like a sexy, sultry, eyes lavishly painted in glitter." The photos taken by Charles Howse of Gabriella Katia.
- Prep / Prime: prep the skin with primer. Once eyes are finished, lightly brush on foundation and set with sheer powder to extend the wear of the product.
- Eyes: eyeshadow base. Using a firm eyeshadow brush gentle cover the lid with a silver metallic eyeshadoow. After depositing the desired amount of shadow, go over the shadow with a bit of shimmer also covering the lid in a soft stroke motion. Apply black eyeliner and in the waterline and under the bottom lashes. False lashes always help the eyes look more dramatic, so of course we added lashes for a little pizzazz. As the focus is on the eyes, keep the lips and cheeks soft.
- Lips: very natural yet glassy.
- Cheeks: bronzy and highlighted.
Possible 100 points:
- 1 point for each positive comment up to ten comments (comment submission ends 01/05/2011);
- 5 points for description / information sentence or paragraph;
- 5 points for proper color information (e.g. blackened navy blue instead of thunder);
- 5 points for strict adherence to theme colors;
- 5 points for resemblance to theme and creativity;
- 5 points for prepping information (e.g. moisturizer, primer, etc.);
- 10 points for proof of permission to use images pursuant to the Copyright Act and Florida Statutes 540.08;
- 10 points for professional etiquette; and
- 40 points for diversity of age range, facial structure, and skin tone (e.g. use of older models or non-traditional faces or darker skin toned models) - ages 30-40 is up to 10 points, ages 41-100 is up to 10 additional points; 10 points for non-traditional models, everyday people, unique facial structures.
- 10 extra credit points for "liking" the Orlando Makeup Examiner FaceBook page.
- 1 relevant comment to the look as opposed to general comments about the artist.
Total points: 24
Melissa is talented, but the submission did not depict thinking outside the box. It is a standard, glamourous beauty work. Her other works have been more imaginative and creative, so we look forward to seeing more of her work depicting same.